Is it time to buy a new bed? Research has shown that buying a new bed may be better than taking a sleeping pill!
It found that those with uncomfortable beds slept on average one hour less each night than those with comfortable beds.
So when is it time for a new bed?
Take a look these questions and if the answer is yes to one of them it is time to buy a new bed. If the answer is yes to two or more of them it is definitely time to buy a new bed:
- Is your bed 8 years old or more?
- Do you ever wake up with neck or back ache?
- When lying in bed, do you feel springs, hardness or ridges beneath the surface?
- When moving in bed do you hear creaks, crunches or other strange noises?
- Do you and your partner roll towards each other unintentionally?
- Do your legs or arms dangle over the side of the bed when you sleep?
- Is the mattress or base uneven or sagging?
- Are the legs and castors worn out? Would it be embarrassing if your friends saw the bed without its covers?
- Is the mattress cover torn or stained?
- Does your mattress feel lumpy, soft, too hard or uncomfortable?
- Does your mattress sag in the middle or the sides?
- Are their sagging spots around the edges or where you usually lie?
So it may be time to make a great investment for your future and buy a new bed.