- Alpha waves are neural oscillations in the frequency range of 7.5–12.5 Hz arising from synchronous and coherent (in phase or constructive) electrical activity of thalamic pacemaker cells in humans. They are also called Berger’s wave in memory of the founder of EEG.
- Cluster Fibres are small fluffy bean sized clusters of hollow fibre, which imitate natural down. The small clusters achieve an even distribution through the pillow creating a plump finish and good recovery. The pillows should be refluffed by hand daily after use. This will ensure that the clusters regain their original shape
- Hypoallergenic, meaning “below normal” or “slightly” allergenic. It is used to describe items (especially cosmetics and textiles) that cause or are claimed to cause fewer allergic reactions.
- Percale is a closely woven plain-weave fabric often used for bed covers. Percale has a thread count of about 200 or higher and is noticeably tighter than the standard type of weave used for bedsheets. It has medium weight, is firm and smooth with no gloss, and warps and washes very well.
- Posture is the position in which you hold your body upright against gravity while standing, sitting or lying down. Good posture involves training your body to stand, walk, sit and lie in positions where the least strain is placed on supporting muscles and ligaments during movement or weight-bearing activities.
- Tinnitus is the hearing of sound when no external sound is present. The sound may be soft or loud, low pitched or high pitched and appear to be coming from one ear or both. Most of the time, it comes on gradually.
- Velour is a plush, knitted fabric or textile. It is usually made from cotton but can also be made from synthetic materials such as polyester.